Private Dance Lessons
Our private lessons are personal, so there is no one watching you, and no pressure to keep up with a group. Because of this you never have to "switch partners" and you are able to learn at your own pace. If something confuses you, we take care of it right away until you are completely comfortable. We often have students come to us who took "large group lessons" in the past and gave up in frustration. We take any stigma and fear out of dancing so that you want to continue!
We are highly-trained and experienced dance professionals who genuinely want to see you accomplish your goals and far exceed your expectations.
If you want to have the first dance of a lifetime, or if you need to get into shape, want to learn a new skill, surprise your special someone with a romantic gift, improve your posture, balance and coordination or compete in any city on any level consider dancing with Sinclair Dance Studio!
. . . this is living . . .
Gift of Dance
Dance lessons are a truly fantastic and super thoughtful gift for anyone. If you need a gift for an event, engagement, birthday, anniversary, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, wedding or just an extra-special date night we are thrilled to do what we can to make it unforgettable! Want flowers waiting for an *ahem* proposal? We're happy to be co-conspirators, we're here to serve you and make your vision possible.
If you would like to gift a package of dance lessons to a bride and groom for a fabulously unique present (that they will never forget...or return), we are happy to arrange it. We have gift certificates available any time of year, we have occasional specialty gift certificates for holidays, or if you want your own custom designed gift certificate we can do that too!
If you're at the last minute and need something fast, we can usually arrange a printable gift certificate to be emailed to you within the hour!
Experience in a dance-instructor can make a big difference.
Our studio is run by us...local husband-and-wife team Allen and Christyn. We studied ballroom and latin dance under the instruction of one of the American greats, we have been a competitive couple, we have worked with a competitive team in Georgia and we have been instructing at our own studio here home in Peoria, IL for over eleven years.
We have done choreography for wheelchair-bound dancers, worked with technique for dog-dancing (it's a real thing!), we have trained competitive students for Chicago and Indianapolis competitions, we have competed in the 2015 CASA Dancing with the Stars (taking the People's Choice award) as well as the 2019 CASA competition and we have taught countless fiancés who "simply cannot dance."
We are most proud of all the couples who have come in with no experience, sometimes nervous and have left closer to each other, all the singles who have dedicated themselves to learning so they can share with others and all the deep and meaningful friendships that we have found along the way. We truly are honored to be your dance instructors and extremely blessed to have met you all.
Want to start at home?
Sinclair Dance Studio has made available a one-of-its-kind, beautiful course that is tailored to the needs of the true "can't dance"-er. The simplest, most impressive moves are at your fingertips on-demand. Absolutely perfect for just starting out, weddings, gifts and nervous partners, BetterSway™ will have you dancing in minutes, not hours.
For deep discounts, bring some friends! If two or more couples would like to take a package of lessons together there is a substantial discount to all packages! All couples need to agree on what dance(s) they would like to learn as well as scheduling.
This is great for families, bridal parties and friends who want to learn dance together!
Limit five couples. If you have a larger group that would like a lesson(s) together (in studio or on-location), contact us for availability and special arrangements!
All our dances are taught in American styling.
A fast-paced Latin dance that is all fun and high-energy, great for a night on the town or tighter-packed dance floors!
A highly customizable, more romantic Latin dance. It is very appropriate for weddings, fits most dance floors and events and is also extremely flexible for many songs and speeds! Also a great introductory dance to begin learning latin techniques.
A high-energy, close Latin dance that fits into clubs and crowded dance floors. Its challenging speed makes this a good option for helping you get in shape.
A fun-loving, spirited dance that's perfect for big band music or dances in the park! Very classic and definitely a workout.
An elegant, smooth dance that is a good basis for other ballroom and a wonderful first wedding dance! Arguably the best for developing improved balance and posture. Absolute beautiful classic.
A super-smooth, jazzy jaunt, strolling and sharp!
A technically challenging dance that is always a show-stopper! Extremely impressive when studied well, this dance is generally not for beginners unless they have studied another dance style first or are really committed to learning.
We would love to speak with you about your dancing goals and can tailor any class to your specific desire.
If you have an interest in Jive, Samba, Hustle, Meringue, West-Coast Swing, Lindy-Hop, Charleston, Viennese Waltz, Paso Doble, Mambo, Quickstep, Bolero, Ballad, Nightclub 2-step, Polka or Argentine Tango,
feel free to contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to wear to dance lessons?
- Comfortable clothing that allows you to move around freely (students often wear activewear or their normal street clothes), nothing special is required, however please bring a pair of socks for both partners.
How do gift certificates work?
- As soon as you have purchased a Sinclair Dance Studio gift certificate we can email you your own PDF certificate for you to print. With this system you can often go from "first call" to "gift certificate in hand" literally within minutes, especially if you have a printer (you're welcome last-minute-shoppers-of-the-world ;). We are happy to make other arrangements such as printing a certificate for you to pick up or mailing it if you desire!
How long are gift certificates good for?
- Gift certificates are good for up to six months from issue. They can also be transferred or split up, we're happy to accommodate your needs.
When do you schedule lessons?
- We schedule lessons from 6am to 10pm Monday through Saturday. If you want pre-work lessons as part of a daily workout or you have a second shift schedule we do our best to accommodate you! Lessons are scheduled by appointment only. The studio is closed on Sundays.
How much do dance lessons cost?
- Our dance lesson packages are detailed here, there are rates for both couples and groups.
Do you do group lessons?
- We do not hold scheduled lessons for groups, however if multiple couples would like to take their lessons together (which is often huge fun) we are happy to accommodate and offer deep discounts for each couple (detailed here).
Do you host open dances?
- We love open dances, our plans for 2020 gatherings obviously were cut short but we are excited for ideas in the works for 2021! Subscribe to our mailing list for updates.
I have never danced before and have two left feet, is that ok?
- More than absolutely! If only accomplished dancers took lessons that would be a terrible shame. Seriously
Will you donate dance lessons to charity auctions?
- We consider each request individually. Feel free to contact us!
Can I do BetterSway™ lessons at home and lessons in person?
- Absolutely! We feel some of the most beautiful dances come out of this combination, get started here.
We are here to serve you.